As news of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak intensifies, our Management Team, along with our Medical Providers and Practitioners in the community are taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety and security of our participants and our staff. We want to assure our participants and their families that the safety and health of our community is our highest priority. Our goal is to be educated, vigilant, and prepared while continuing to provide the highest level of care for our participants.
We have formed a COVID-19 task force, composed of our management team and direct service staff, and we have implemented internal protocols to ensure the highest safety and protection against COVID-19, including:
- Creating a screening process to screen all potential new admits for risk factors.
- Educating all employees and participants on necessary COVID-19 information and training on newly added protocols for safety.
- Implementing strict handwashing protocols for clients, practitioners, and staff.
- All staff, contractors, and anyone entering the facility will be processed through a contained area and required to sanitize their hands and have their body temperature recorded. Anyone with 100-degree temperature or over will not be allowed to enter.
- All participants will have their temperature recorded daily.
- All commonly used surfaces, door handles, knobs, light switches, sink, and toilet handles will be disinfected three times a day.
- Restricting Visitors to Facility for a minimum of two weeks, at which time we will re-evaluate and extend if needed.
- Participant’s movement outside of the facility is limited to work and medically necessary appointments (Accommodations will be made to ensure the participant’s needs are met during this time).
- A strict mandate for employees experiencing any signs of illness to stay home and seek the care of a doctor.
- All staff, including management, are to limit their movements in between work hours, to help lower the potential of contracting the virus.
We feel we all must continue to stay informed of the ongoing public health information for continued safety in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are committed to maintaining the most secure and highest level of infection control in our environment to ensure our participants, while also helping to slow the spread in our community.
The Way Back Inc.
Director of Operations
The Way Back Inc.